POLIMI - Politecnico di Milano
BAM, BOZZA, CDCU, ENA, GUNI, IAA, IPM, ITAM, MONU, UNIPD, NTUA, POLIMI, S&B, UBATH, UMINHO, UPC, ZRS
Start month: 1
End month: 18
Persons month: 50
- Creation of new structured database for increasing the existing state of knowledge. The database links earthquake induced failure mechanisms, construction types and materials, interventions, assessment techniques;
- Development of concepts for materials and intervention techniques based on the structured database; definition of the main design parameters and requirements for materials and intervention techniques;
- Definition of the main on-site control techniques and strategies;
- Development of advanced materials and improved techniques for intervention and to produce/assemble those required for testing and case studies;
- Development of laboratory procedures and choice of parameters for the final validation of the durability, compatibility, and effectiveness of new techniques and materials;
- Parameterization of all the above mentioned information to set the basis of optimized design and required laboratory testing in following WPs.
- WP3.1: Structured database;
- WP3.2: Development of materials and techniques;
- WP3.3: Durability, compatibility and effectiveness;
- WP3.4: Control of structures.
- Inventory of earthquake-induced failure mechanisms related to construction types, structural elements and materials (D3.1), delivered at PM4;
- Critical review of retrofitting and reinforcement techniques related to possible failure mechanisms and requirements (D3.2), delivered at PM6;
- Critical review of methodologies and tools for assessment of failure mechanisms and interventions (D3.3), delivered at PM6;
- Critical review for the onsite control of the repair technique and interventions (D3.4), delivered at PM9;
- Development of materials and techniques for interventions (D3.5), delivered at PM12;
- Parameterization of the catalogues (D3.6), delivered at PM15;
- Critical evaluation of the effectiveness and compatibility of the new materials (D3.7) delivered at PM18 (eventually updated later on for long-lasting durability tests).