BAM - Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing
BAM, CDCU, ENA, GUNI, IPM, ITAM, MONU, UNIPD, NTUA, POLIMI, S&B, UMINHO, UPC, ZRS
Start month: 6
End month: 21
Persons month: 56
- Definition of adequate and feasible intervention technologies for vertical structural elements, such as walls and pillars, related to catalogues and requirements described in WP3;
- Definition and improvement of laboratory procedures for evaluating the intervention technologies and specifications for laboratory specimens;
- To carry out the necessary tests to characterise the experimental behaviour of original and strengthened masonry walls and pillars, in order to obtain information on the system performance and the main constitutive laws relevant for modelling;
- To numerically simulate the experimental behaviour and perform parametric assessment to define critical mechanical parameters or define optimized design procedures.
- WP4.1: Laboratory testing;
- WP4.2: Design optimization;
- Specification for laboratory specimens and testing strategies on walls and pillars (D4.1), delivered at PM9;
- Laboratory demonstration of testing on walls or pillars (D4.2), delivered at PM12;
- Technical report with the experimental results on materials and masonry walls and pillars (D4.3), delivered at PM15;
- Report about the accuracy and reliability of the numerical simulations on vertical elements (D4.4), delivered at PM18;
- Parametric assessment and optimized design procedures for vertical elements (D4.5), delivered at PM21.